Slow Cooker Chocolate Bread Pudding
The perfect breakfast for Christmas morning...simply put all the ingredients in your slow cooker before you go to bed Christmas Eve and when you wake up, breakfast is ready. Chocolate, raisins, orange zest, walnuts... the flavors are festive and the recipe is easy!
- 1 loaf Challah bread (or your favorite bread), cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Honduras Chocolate Company unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest from one orange (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Raspberry (or maple) syrup, for finishing
- Whipped cream (optional), for finishing
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add bread, raisins and walnuts.
In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon, orange zest, salt then pour mixture over bread.
Cook on low for 5 hours. Top with raspberry syrup and whipped cream. Serves 6-8.